Perhaps you’ve noticed (and then again, perhaps you haven’t), but we’ve not posted any new articles for the past several weeks.
Today’s post is to let you know why, and to give you an idea of what to expect from us in the new year.
First, I’ve been doing a lot of editorial work for brethren, preparing several new books for publication. That includes a book on why one man left Catholicism, a book of sermons, and even a sci-fi novel which helps to teach truths about God.
Second, I’ve taken on a second job (well, I guess it’s more of a third or fourth job), loading trucks early in the mornings for UPS. Needless to say, it has messed with my schedule a bit, but it has also proven to be a place with opportunities to evangelize. One man I work with is an agnostic, but he is very excited to read the Bales-Teller Debate on the Existence of God which I gave him. Another man is religiously minded, but unsure of salvation. He’s presently reading Muscle and a Shovel.
Third, I’ve been working hard on the next issue of the Quarterly, trying to get it ready for publication. It should be shipping around the middle of January.
So, there’s my excuses. 🙂
So what can you expect from us in the new year?
Our goal as of this moment is to have at least one new article each week (not counting any updates or announcements).
- Historical research articles on Restoration Movement personalities (some of which you may never have heard of).
- Continuing the popular sermon commentary series on Mark from last year.
- Finishing the series on the apostles (which have been used as Bible class material and sermons by people in four different states that I know of).
- More “Did You Know?” articles.
- A series of articles on various aspects of elders.
- Lessons on the Lord’s Supper.
- and more!
So, stick with us as we bring you sound and interesting articles for your enjoyment, edification, and encouragement!
Happy New Year!
-Bradley S. Cobb