The book of Revelation seems to be either your favorite book, or the one you avoid. Many modern-day prognosticators have taken this book of God’s word and tried to twist it to fit every possible event that takes place across the globe.
But is that how God intends us to understand the book? When it was written, nearly 2,000 years ago, did He expect the readers to understand it? Or was it simply a huge mystery that none of them could ever understand?
The final book of the Bible tells the original readers to read it, hear it, and obey it, because the things which are contained in it’s pages were about to happen. Persecution, destruction, death, victory, rescue, avenging, and glory were all “at hand.”
The original readers understood exactly what God was talking about. And if we put ourselves in their shoes, we can understand it to and apply those lessons to us today.
This is the companion volume to the upcoming book: “Things Which Came to Pass: A Study of the Book of Revelation,” and is designed to go with the forty-eight lessons in that book (all currently available in the “Revelation Teaching Collection” download).
- Introduction to the Views of Revelation
- The Date of Revelation
- What is Revelation Talking About?
- Lessons from Revelation 1:1
- Lessons from Revelation 1:2-3
- Lessons from Revelation 1:4-6, 8
- Lessons from Revelation 1:7
- Lessons from Revelation 1:9-20
- The Letter from Jesus to Ephesus
- The Letter from Jesus to Smyrna
- The Letter from Jesus to Pergamos
- The Letter from Jesus to Thyatira
- The Letter from Jesus to Sardis
- The Letter from Jesus to Philadelphia
- The Letter from Jesus to Laodicea
- The Heavenly Throne Room
- The Lamb and the Scroll
- The Seals are Opened (Part One)
- The Seals are Opened (Part Two)
- The Sealing of the 144,000
- The Trumpets Sounding (Part One)
- The Trumpets Sounding (Part Two)
- The Trumpets Sounding (Part Three)
- The Break Between the Trumpets
- Measuring the Temple
- The Two Witnesses
- The Seventh Trumpet
- The Woman, the Child, and the Dragon
- Michael and the Dragon
- The Dragon Attacks
- The Beast from the Sea
- The Land Beast and the Mark of the Beast
- The Lamb on Mt. Zion
- Three Angels and a Blessing
- The Son of Man on the Cloud
- The Sea of Glass Mingled with Fire
- Bowls of Wrath (Part One)
- Bowls of Wrath (Part Two)
- The Harlot City
- The Beast of Revelation 17
- Come Out of Her, My People!
- Reaction to Destruction
- The King and His Bride
- The Thousand-Year Reign?
- The Binding of Satan
- The Judgment Scene
- The Glorious Church
- The Conclusion