Devout Christians, despising the divided state of Christianity, set about on a supposedly impossible mission: to bring about true unity in those who claimed Jesus Christ. From humble beginnings, the influence of this grand idea spread like wildfire, with the simple idea of unity based on Jesus Christ. Instead of creeds and confessions, denominational names and dogmas, these brave men proclaimed Jesus Christ and Him crucified, and showed what the biblical plan for saving men is.
They weren’t satisfied with reforming the existing order; they knew that what was needed was a complete Restoration!
Written for the everyman, “Concerning the Disciples of Christ” helps explain the who, what, when, where, and (most importantly) why of this movement to get back to the church found in the pages of the New Testament.
With a full editing job, including the addition of several footnotes, this updated version is made to give you the best possible reading experience!
- RELIGIOUS CONDITIONS.
- REACHING OUT AFTER BETTER THINGS.
- THE PURPOSE OF THE PIONEERS.
- THE DECLARATION AND ADDRESS.
- REFORMATIONS AND RESTORATION.
- THE PROCESS OF DISCOVERY.
- THE UNITY OF THE CHURCH.
- THE GOSPEL CONDITIONS OF PARDON.
- THE EVILS OF HUMAN CREEDS.
- THE EXALTATION OF THE CHRIST.
- THE PLACE OF THE ORDINANCES.
- MISUNDERSTANDING AND OPPOSITION.
- RAPID INCREASE IN NUMBERS.
- DEEPENING SPIRITUAL LIFE.
- EVANGELISTIC SPIRIT AMONG THE DISCIPLES.
- THE LITERATURE OF THE DISCIPLES.
- EDUCATION AMONG THE DISCIPLES.
- CHRISTIAN ENDEAVOR AMONG THE DISCIPLES.
- MISSION WORK OF THE DISCIPLES.
- THE PRESENT STATE OF THE UNION QUESTION.
- POINTS TO BE GUARDED.
- THE WORLD’S INDEBTEDNESS TO THE DISCIPLES.
- APPENDIX: The Annals of the Disciples of Christ